* Hoven is home to EMT's and ambulance service, senior center with hot meals, a top-notch fire department, airport, and nationally registered Cathedral of the Prairie (tours available, call 605-948-2451), a Baptist church, and several area Protestant churches.
* Hoven also has many organizations including the Hoven Service Club, American Legion and Auxiliary, Altar Society, Knights of Columbus, Sportsman's Club, and Right to Life.
* Hoven has an excellent K-12 school system offering award winning extracurricular programs including sports, music programs, and oral interpretation.
* Hoven boasts its golf course, country club, swimming pool, summer youth program, RV and camper pads, city park, easy access to the Missouri River, guide services, and leagues for both darts and billiards.
* Hoven is lively with business activity. It has a cheese factory, bank, motel, credit card facility, small industry, high speed internet, bed and breakfast, steakhouse, insurance agencies, investment services, grain handling and marketing complex, diversified agri-business including crops and livestock and a huge fleet of 18 wheelers, meat market and slaughtering plant, grain elevators, fertilizers, ag chemicals, farm and ranch supplies, aerial spraying, large grocery store, municipal liquor store, newspaper, vehicle repair and body shops, building contractors, hair stylists, pharmacy/variety store, convenience store, framing and matting, crafts and catering, fuel suppliers, hardware store, thrift shop, buildings available for new enterprises, houses and apartments, Mid-Dakota water, and garbage pick-up.
-Hoven's Top Employers
The Hoven School District has 35 employees. The school supplies a full K-12 education system and special ed services. Many Hoven students have excelled in post high school education and have gone on to rewarding jobs in a wide variety of career opportunities.
The Cass Clay Cheese Plant has 32 employees. The Plant manufactures hard Italian cheese and has received several national awards for producing superb quality cheese.